Published on June 13th, 2015 | by kickstartfc0
High Point Tour – POSTPONED
The Committee of Management met on Thursday May 23rd to discuss the viability of the tour to High Point University, North Carolina (NC), scheduled for July 2015.
Having considered all of the options, it is with deep regret that we inform you that the tour has been called off and re-scheduled for 2016.
The reasons for this decision are outlined below:
- We were unsuccessful in raising enough funds as planned and the deadlines for meeting the critical airline and NC payments are imminent – Airline final payment deadline is 29th May and NC deposit to cover the on-the-ground expenses is 09th June.
- Our request for funds from the Arts and Sports Promotion Fund was not successful.
- We did not receive the annual donation of 2 FA cup final tickets which we normally use to raise funds via a raffle.
However we believe that with all hands on deck, we will have a successful tour next year. This optimism comes from the fact that with the upcoming raffle, for a 7 day trip to New York and tickets to see a Knicks game will go towards the 2016 tour and we now have a whole year to safely and successfully plan for the tour.
In terms of the funds raised to date:
- All donations from corporate Barbados a well as profits from all the fundraising events will go towards next year’s tour fund.
- Donations raised by individuals will be allocated towards the player for the next tour.
- Personal donations over and above the initial $250 deposit, will be returned.
We will provide a complete accounting of all the funds received and allocated within the next few days.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the fund raising committee, headed by George Nicholson, Ryan Evelyn, Richard Sumpter and Bernadette Brown for all their hard work and contributions. However, we are not forgetting the parents and players who also worked tirelessly trying to raise funds.